THEM CROOKED VULTURES Wins 'Best Hard Rock Performance' GRAMMY For 'New Fang'
THEM CROOKED VULTURES was honored with a Grammy in the "Best Hard Rock Performance" category in the pre-telecast ceremony at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards, which are being held tonight (Sunday, February 13) at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. THEM CROOKED VULTURES was nominated for the track "New Fang", from the band's 2009 album "Them Crooked Vultures".
The nominees in this year's "Hard Rock" category were as follows:
* ALICE IN CHAINS - "A Looking In View" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
* OZZYOSBOURNE - "Let Me Hear You Scream" (from "Scream")
* SOUNDGARDEN - "Black Rain" (from "Telephantasm")
* STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - "Between The Lines" (from "Stone Temple Pilots")
* THEM CROOKED VULTURES - "New Fang" (from "Them Crooked Vultures")
Material released between September 1, 2009 and September 30, 2010 (a 13-month period) is eligible for the 2011 Grammys.
The 53rd annual Grammy Awards is being broadcast live in high definition TV and 5.1 Surround Sound on CBS from 8:00 p.m. EST.
The nominees were announced on December 1, 2010 during the "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music Biggest Night". The announcement special was hosted by rap legend LL Cool J, a two-time Grammy award winner who is also producer of the Grammynominations concert.